NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING INSPECTION SERVICES
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
MPT is a nondestructive testing method for locating surface and near surface discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials. It depends for its operation on the fact that when the material or part under test is magnetized, discontinuities that lie in a cause leakage field to the direction of the magnetic field will cause a leakage field to be formed at and above the surface of the part.
Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI)
Dye Penetrant Test (PT) is a non – destructive testing insfection method for finding discontinuities that are open to the surface of solid and essentially non-porous materials. Indications of flaws can be found regardless of the size, configuration, internal structure, or chemical composition of work piece being tested and regardless of flaw orientation.
Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Testing (UT)
Ultrasonic wall thickness measurement (UTM) is a method of performing non-destructive measurement (gauging) of the local thickness of a solid element (typically made of metal, if using ultrasound testing for industrial purposes) basing on the time taken by the ultrasound wave to return to the surface. This type of measurement is typically performed with an ultrasonic thickness gauge.
Proof load testing is generally performed to verify the Working Load Limit (WLL) of lifting equipment and accessories. We perform proof load testing on a variety of equipment with Proof loads up 90 TONS. The products are:
- Offshore Containers
- Offshore Baskets
- Lifting Frames
- Slings and Shackles, Spreader Beams,
- Mezzanine Decks lifting accessories
- Subsea Structures (Drilling Templates, Protective Frames, Etc.)
- Running Tools for Subsea Drilling Templates Installations.
We perform load testing is required on installation of any lifting equipment before the item is brought into service, either offshore or onshore.
- New installation
- Under gone structural repair or modified
- Periodic testing requirements.
APDS can perform pressure testing up to 20,000 psi. We can perform pressure testing on-site or offshore. APDS can offer a complete package for inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Flow lines (IRONS) ( Pup joints, Elbows, Plug Valves, Swivel Joints, and etc.) for re-certification, In which the service includes the:
- Visual inspection
- Pressure Testing (Hydrostatic Testing)
- Dimensional Inspection (Ultrasonic Wall test Thickness Inspection)
- Abrasive blasting, MPI inspection of Body
- Seal Replacement, Hard Banding
- MPI inspection of Body, Coating
We do pressure testing on other equipment such as:
- Pressure vessels
- Well Test Lines, Separators
- Nitrogen Tanks
- Pressure test and setting of Safety Valves & Relief Valves